Last updated August, 2016
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of notice on our home page.
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- (b) It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Types of Information Collected and Uses of Collected Information.
We collect two types of information about our Users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
- (a) Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific End User. When you engage in certain activities on the Website, such as creating an account, ordering a product or service from us or third party service providers, submitting content and/or posting content in discussion forums, filling out a survey, posting a review, sending us or third party service providers feedback, requesting information about our services, submitting an affiliate agreement, applying for a job, posting a video or signing up for special offers from third parties through the Website (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself. It is optional for you to engage in an Identification Activity. If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, however, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), email address and telephone number. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer the Website, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized third party service providers and third party advertisers to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, and programming.
WE DO NOT COLLECT OR STORE ANY FINANCIAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE END USER. ALL PAYMENT PROCESSING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY STRIPE FINANCIAL SERVICES (“Stripe”) (www.stripe.com) AND ARE SUBJECT TO THE STRIPE CONNECTED ACCOUNT AGREEMENT, WHICH INCLUDES THE STRIPE TERMS OF SERVICE (COLLECTIVELY, THE “STRIPE SERVICES AGREEMENT”). Such information will be governed by Stripe’s privacy policies and terms of service. The manner in which Stripe uses, stores and discloses your information is governed by its own policies, and we shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of Stripe. By continuing to use our Website and/or Urbanbound’s services, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of Urbanbound enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide Urbanbound accurate and complete information about you and your business, and you authorize theCompany to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe.
4. Disclosure of Your Information.
- (a) We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and Non-Personally Identifiable Information without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Urbanbound’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your Personally Identifiable Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Urbanbound, our customers or others.
5. Updating and Correcting Information.
We believe that you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information you provide us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by logging into your account and accessing the “my account” section of the site, sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at 227 W. Monroe Street, Suite 550, Chicago, Illinois 60606. Please indicate your name, address and email address, and what information you would like to update when you contact us.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on the Website. In addition, in may be impossible for us to completely delete all of your information because we periodically backup information.
6. User Choices on Collection and Use of Information.
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, although it may be required to engage in a certain activity on the Website.
As a condition of purchase of our products and services, we will send you administrative emails. We will send you information regarding your account activity and purchases as well as updates about our products. You cannot opt-out of administrative emails. “Administrative Emails” relate to a User’s activity on the Website, and include emails regarding a particular User’s account, requests or inquiries, and purchases of products and services.
7. Security of Information.
We take security seriously and take numerous precautions to protect the security of Personally Identifiable Information. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information on our Website through a password and your email address. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to. We encrypt certain sensitive information (such as credit card information) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is safe as it is transmitted to us.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Website, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
8. Data Tracking.
- (b) Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of our Website pages and promotions, or we may allow third party Service Providers to use these devices on our behalf. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on our Website, or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on our Website, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our Affiliates and/or third party service providers for the same purposes.
9. Privacy Policies of Third Party Websites.
10. Miscellaneous Privacy Issues.
- (a) Children. Minors under the age of 18 may not use the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18, and no part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 18. Urbanbound does not sell products for purchase by children.
- (b) Public Areas. We may provide areas on our Website where you can publicly post information about yourself, can communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs. This information may be accessible by other consumers and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others.
- (c) Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents. California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by the Act, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the Website and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The Act further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or standard mail to the address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with Affiliated Businesses or third party service providers. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
227 W. Monroe Street, Suite 550
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Customer Service Inquiries | email@example.com