Stay up to date
Subscribe to the blog for the latest updates
3. It’s Proportional, So Benefits Are Calibrated to Employee Level
Here’s one more thing that’s not reasonable: offering a single relocation package to employees at every level of the organizational hierarchy.
You don’t pay all your employees the same salary, do you? So why offer the same relocation package to everyone? Say you’re a healthcare organization, physicians, PAs, first-year nurses—their definition of “reasonable” varies. That’s why it makes sense to offer tiered relocation packages, with benefits that align with the employees’ role.
Sound complicated? It doesn’t need to be. A great relocation management company can offer you suggestions and best practices for defining your tiered benefits in a way that pleases employees, saves employers money, and keeps it simple for everyone.
And that brings us to our final thought.
Relocation Packages Should be Reasonable for Employers, Too
Up until now, we’ve been defining what is reasonable from the employee’s point of view. But, considering who’s footing the bill, it all needs to be reasonable—advantageous, even—from the employers’ perspective as well. In that respect, a reasonable relocation package:
- Saves employers money, via cost-cutting features such as a “managed budget” approach (where unused funds are returned to the employer) and vendor discounts.
- Saves employers time, by automating the paperwork and moving it onto the relocation providers’ plate.
- Gives employers 24/7 transparency into their program and expenses, via a real-time dashboard and easily-accessible reports and analytics.
- Delivers a consistent, positive relocation experience to employees, while lifting the responsibility off the shoulders of HR and internal departments.
What’s the easiest way to craft such a relocation package? By choosing a relocation management partner that is completely dedicated making the program easier and happier for everyone: your relocating employees, your internal teams, and your CFO, too. Which is why we recommend that you should start by talking to us.