Stay up to date
Subscribe to the blog for the latest updates
How Technology Changes the Healthcare Worker’s Relocation Experience
In addition to shifting the bulk of relocation planning online, tech-based relocation solutions offer employees a number of innovative services and shortcuts that simplify the move and speed acclimation, including:
- Access to a network of preferred suppliers, including movers and realtors with proven track records of success. Employees can obtain quotes and book their moves through the platform, too.
- Checklists and how-to information that guide employees through the relocation process.
- Specific, curated information about their new city, from neighborhoods and housing to commuting options.
- Tips and insights from about-to-be coworkers on where to live, eat, work out and more
- Real-time tracking of their expenses against their relocation allowance, to keep them in budget.
Relocation Innovations for Employers
Tech-based relocation platforms benefit healthcare employers, too, by offering a new level of visibility and control over their relocation program. For example, employers are now able to:
- Monitor the progress of each employee’s move
- Track individual and aggregate spend in real-time
- Create, export and even schedule standard and custom reports
In other words, employers can easily access and analyze their data—something impossible under traditional relocation arrangements—allowing them to continuously manage and improve their program.
Finally, how’s this for an innovation: when healthcare employers switch from a traditional relocation company to a modern, tech-based relocation provider, they can expect to save a whopping 66%.
How is this possible? In addition to leveraging the cost efficiencies of technology, employers are freed from the markups traditional relocations impose on every aspect of their services, from moving costs to tax gross-ups.
At a time when healthcare organizations are spending more on salaries and looking for ways to economize, isn’t this reason alone to explore making a change?
Why Wait to Innovate?
Whether your hospital is looking for a recruiting edge or a way to save money without compromising services, now is the time to take advantage of state-of-the-art relocation technologies.
After all, you want to be known as an innovative healthcare provider—to the world, throughout the industry and especially to prospective job candidates. So, why wouldn’t you reflect that in every aspect of your operation and brand, including your employee relocation program?